tisdag 6 mars 2012

2012 February/March

I have finally gotten some urge to do more painting, maybe it was the finalizing of the Rifle Company that made me want to paint more?
So in the weekend I painted up my L4 Grasshopper AOP, which was a disaster. The plastic looked a little bit odd, very shiny. I primed it up with my good old Vallejo Grey, put some highlighting with a white and sprayed on the Brown Violet base color. Everything seemed fine.
Then I decided to mask it up, to paint the invasion strips. I thought: "Cool, I'm finally doing some more advanced air brushing!"
Everything went fine with the black and white, I was really careful with the size of the stripes and I thought I got them really nice for my first attempt.
Then the removal of the masking tape came, oh the horror when the paint got stripped off with it! Big chunks of primer and base color just went away. So I had to sit down with my good old brush and redo a lot of the paint job and some of the highlighting was no more.
So after some varnishing I hope the paint won't come off again, the next time I play will tell I guess.


Next up was the rest of the jeeps, four 155mm howitzers, high-speed tractors and a couple of teams for the guns. Hopefully I can get these done during the week!
I also got some requests to put up close-ups of the finished Rifle Company which I will also try to do during the week. Spring has finally arrived here in Sweden so there is always something to do outside.


Just to practice some more with the air brush, I offered myself to primer up a friends Land Raider for his Nurgle marines.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar